The Victory of Samothrace is a marble sculpture of an unknown artist of the Hellenistic era that was found in the sanctuary of the Great Gods in Samothrace and represents the winged Goddess Nike. The statue is 3.28 m high (with wings) and 5.58 m with the marble bow of the ship on which it is placed today. It was made to honor the goddess Nike but also a naval battle – it is not certain which one. It was dedicated to a temple of Samothrace and dates between 220 and 190 BC. – most estimates converge in 190 BC. The sculpture has been on display at the Louvre Museum since 1884. It is one of the three winged Victories found in the Temple of Samothrace. The other two exhibit the first, a Roman copy found by Austrian archaeologists at the Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna, and the second, found by the American delegation of Karl Lehmann and Phyllis Williams-Lehmann in 1949, at the Archaeological Museum. Samothrace. Lehmann and his wife later found (in 1950) excavations and parts of the statue’s right hand. A few months later, the same pair of archaeologists found the fingers of the right hand of the same Nike in the aforementioned Austrian museum, which had them unregistered and did not know that they belonged to her. Her right palm was reconstituted revealing that she did not hold a trumpet as many had believed until then and is also on display at the Louvre, in a separate window near the statue.